Friday, May 6, 2011

Illustration Friday: Lesson

As I thought about the topic "lesson," I guess the first thing that came to mind was mom! My mom is my best friend and has taught me so many lessons. Some of my favorite times were with my mom in the kitchen, making cookies, making homemade pizza, I got to make the pudding all by myself! And stirring the hand beater for 3 minutes felt like FOREVER! I loved to help peel potatoes and carrots and shred cheese! And oh wow when my mom used the food processor.... that thing was magic! My mom worked full time but still came home and cooked a home cooked meal every night. As a child you don't really think anything of that if that's the way you grew up but now I realize how blessed I was to have that. My mom is an amazing cook and her cooking is something I've always admired about her. Is is a way she expresses her love. I'm excited to be a mom someday! My mom made such an imprint on my life, I just can't wait to do the same for my child someday! My mom is just so over the top loving, and giving... she is the glue that holds our family together. She spoils us with love and little surprises all the time, I feel very blessed! I'm excited to spoil her on Sunday, pedicures... maybe brunch? and some other fun stuff! Hopefully some sunshine!


Mom & Me.. I haven't drawn people since I was a little kid... they still kind of look the same!






Happy Friday! Hope you have an amazing day!
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment