Sunday, November 27, 2011

Being Thankful

Hey friends!  Hope you enjoyed some turkey and rest and shopping, cooking, decorating, football or whatever it is that brings you joy! I decorated my house and did a lot of cleaning. Today my best friend invited me to the play A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie Theatre and it was so sweet, amazing really. Not sure if the play has me in a sentimental state of mind but I'm feeling so blessed, at peace, and thankful this holiday weekend. My grandma is in the hospital, we visited her on thanksgiving and seeing her in a white hospital room with nothing from home. No pictures, no cards, no flowers, nothing. Just the machines that she was hooked up to and a small TV with bad reception broke my heart.

I went from a beautiful table and home filled with family to the hospital room where my grandma was. There was a stark difference and I just know there are so many people out there who are in that same place. With no comforts from home, no love notes or flowers. Some that maybe didn't even have family to come visit them on Thanksgiving. They are moms, dads, grandmas, daughters, sons, aunties, uncles, cousins, and grandpas. They have stories, beautiful stories. When I try to envision seeing my mom in the hospital, that's it, I'm done. It's hard enough to see your grandma... but I really can't image being in my dads shoes. I think about all the things my parents have done for me, their journey in life, where they have gone, what they have felt, the ups and downs, the memories, the vacations, the experiences, the fun. This holiday weekend I've even thought about what it will be like to be a parent myself (No pressure or anything from family=) Just lots of thoughts....on life, on living, on dieing, and maybe creating new life!

I feel pretty blessed right now. To have a home. To have my health. To have my parents. To have my loving husband and dog.





Live today to the fullest - what if it were your last day?
Your last moment?
Would you have loved enough?
Would you have made a difference?

When ever we are faced with a possible loss-it quickly reminds us of all the simple things that we have taken for granted.
I hate that it has to be that way.
It reminds us that we need to appreciate those we love.
AND SHOW THEM. Make the time to show them and tell them how special they are to you.
Don't sweat the small stuff, because in the end the small stuff won't matter.
Relationships, family, friends, memories, moments, conversations
These are the things in life that really matter. The moments. The love.
Not the stuff.
We all have so much to be thankful for, Let us carry that in our hearts this holiday season...
Hope you enjoyed thanksgiving!
With love,
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment