Thursday, October 27, 2011

Making Homemade Dog Bones!

Who doesn't love the classic throw it in the air and catch it trick!?
I've always wanted to make my own dog biscuits but it's always just been on that list of things I want to do....
So I took action the other night! My mom borrowed me some bone cookie cutters over a year ago, and I finally used them! I hopped onto google and looked up some recipes at this website! Buddy LOVES peanut butter so...
I started with this SUPER EASY recipe:

Peanut Butter Goodness Dog Treats

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup peanut butter (all-natural or organic if you have it)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil 

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine oil, peanut butter and water. Add flour, one cup at a time, forming a dough. Knead dough into firm ball and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
Roll out the dough and cut with your favorite cookie cutters and 
Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.


Buddy is SO flippin smart, I told him I was making him some bones... he was so excited with anticipation! He kept sniffing the oven.
We also made this recipe since Biggie loves carrots!

Veggie Bones Ingredients:

2 3/4 C. Flour
2 Tbls. Bran
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
3 Tsp. Minced Fresh Parsley (good for doggie breath)
1/4 C. Shredded Carrots
1/4 C. Shredded Cheese (your choice--mozzarella, cheddar)
2 Tbls. Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp. Flaxseed (optional)
1/2 C. Water

Directions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Mix together parsley, carrots, cheese and oil. Combine the dry ingredients separately from the veggie mixture. Slowly add 1/2 c. water and mix well. Dough should be moist but not wet. Knead for a minute.

Roll out dough to 1/4" thickness. Using cookie cutters of your choice, cut out shapes and place on baking sheet.
Bake 20-30 minutes until biscuits have browned and hardened slightly. They will continue to harden as they cool. Store in an airtight container once throughly cooled.

He patiently waits...





















Spoiled golden at this house!

1 comment:

  1. oh I have to make these!!!! for our sweet Minnie!!! they sound and look fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete