Wednesday, July 13, 2011

S'more Love

One of my FAVORITE things about summer is a campfire up north... under that big blue blanket of navy blue glittered with sparkling white stars. The ones in the city are okay but the ones 'up north' as we call it here in Minnesota are just so much better! They feel so big and beautiful and sacred and special. And what would a crackling fire be without s'mores? 
It wouldn't be the perfect campfire!
What is it about the hot toasted marshmallow squished between chocolate and grams that's so good? Maybe it's comforting to me because I've eaten them my entire life? 

Who ever thought of the s'more combination anyway? Let's ask mother google!

This was what I found...
No one knows for sure, but the first recorded recipe for 
"Some mores" appears in a 1927 Girl Scout guide. 
 
Ooh there's even a National S'more Day - August 10th!

Thought I would share this drawing I did the other night - I'm calling it S'more Love.


What's one of your favorite things about summer? I'd love to hear about it!
Hope your having a great week!
Nat


No comments:

Post a Comment