Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Creating!

Happy Monday friends! Did you have a good weekend?
I've fallen in love with a sketching style I learned from the SUPER talented Alisa Burke. She was one of the first blogs I discovered, and I instantly fell in love with her because we both share a love for photography, color, painting & and texture! She does amazing things with fabric! One day she had a post on her simple technique for sketching she uses! I tried it...Taking a simple sketch in pen like the one I did of the eagle here and adding watercolor paint to it! LOVE! I have a small little sketchbook, and this is a great creativity exercise that doesn't take long. Instant gratification! I've done it in bed at night, in my art room, or I can take the sketchbook with me on the go, and with a small amount of supplies I can make mini works of art! I've worked with watercolors but the one thing I didn't like about them was how everything just looks muted and fuzzy. So for the most part I didn't use watercolor, cause it wasn't the 'look' that I like. It was hard to achieve texture for me in a watercolor painting. I'd like to try sketching on a canvas with marker and then painting it...
This technique makes me LOVE watercolors again!

 

You might remember this drawing came from a picture I took when I went to the National Eagle Center a few weeks ago!


This weekend I did the Fraser Walk for Autism at the Mall of America. I wore this new necklace I made and got SO many compliments so I thought I would share it with you guys. I bought of few charms from Micheal's in this brand I LOVE! The brand is called Industrial Chic™. I really wanted more charms than the one set I had bought, I had a pile of my broken jewelry, with a ton of earrings that had lost their mate. I thought Hey - I can use what I already have! I started pulling together the pieces...A cross my mom got me in Arizona a long time ago, a peace charm off an old bracelet, and I used 6 old earrings that didn't have a match anymore! One of the earring's is a copper stamped piece I made by hand. ALL beautiful pieces just sitting in a pile waiting to be adding to this "charming" piece! Have a pile of broken jewelry? Create a new unique piece from all your broken stuff! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment